1.15.2017

New year, new job: announcements about my working life

I've had a wonderful run working for inboundMed since November 2015.

I went from contract writer to Chief Content Officer rather quickly during this time. The effort called forth many skill sets from previous work in production, editing, and writing.

I enjoyed managing an editorial calendar for several clients, providing high-quality content for their blogs, and working with other writers (Kristen, Jackie, Ashia, and Erica's crew) to get it all done.

Medical marketing is interesting work and there's a huge need for it out there, especially given the new changes to our healthcare system.

And speaking of changes...

In December, I was approached by the American Sleep Apnea Association (ASAA) with an opportunity I couldn't pass up: to manage their new blog and contribute to other engagement efforts (social media, forums, apps) and patient assistance programs.

In my capacity as curator of SleepyHeadCENTRAL.com, I have long supported their efforts to get sleep health patients the information and assistance they need.

There are only so many hours in the day! I finally chose to make the switch to the ASAA. I will start working with them beginning this week, and can't be more excited!

I will continue to produce content for the American Association of Sleep Technologists (AAST) and write for their magazine, A2Zzz

I'm also currently at work to improve SleepyHeadCENTRAL.com and hope to finish the sleep health book manuscript, which has been on the back burner for a while.

Finally, I have added two new blog columns to my list of writing commitments, both which I'm very excited to announce:

Multiple Sclerosis News Today ("MS in Moderation," in which I break out topics discussed in the MS forum I co-moderate), and MultipleSclerosis.net (in which I discuss MS concerns related to sleep health, fatigue, and sleep disorders).

Thank you, Kevin Asp, for your support and confidence. The job at inboundMed was an amazing opportunity for me as a sleep health educator. I also learned just what my capacity could be as a remote worker with multiple sclerosis. I'm so grateful that leaving the sleep lab because of this unfortunate health reality did not end my sleep health career for good!

Onward!